Colorado Mesa University

After You Have Been Admitted

Visiting Campus

Tuition and Costs

Financial Aid

Military Resources

Housing Options

On-Campus Dining

Student Services

After You Are Admitted 

1. Student ID Number »

As an accepted student, you will receive your "Student ID" the 9-digit "700" number in your acceptance letter. You are identified in our system by your Student ID number, so it is important to have it on hand when contacting any CMU department. You can also get your 700 number from the Admissions Office or Transfer Services Office.

2. Your MAVzone Account »

MAVzone is your online student portal and is the University’s official means of communication with students. Your username and password for MAVzone is included in your acceptance letter. Log in to MAVzone from CMU’s homepage at Questions? Call the IT Help Desk (970.248.2111).  You will need to provide your 700 number to the Help Desk.

3. Colorado State Residents »

Colorado resident students qualify for a College Opportunity Fund (COF) stipend which may pay a portion of in-state tuition. Complete the COF application form at You need to “authorize” the COF stipend each semester when you register for classes through MAVzone.

4. Assessment/ACCUPLACER Tests »

Complete assessment tests (if needed, based on ACT scores or transfer credits) in the Testing Center (Houston Hall Rm 125). Call 970.248.1260 to schedule accuplacer tests. If you are not sure you need to test, please call Transfer Services at 970.248.1232 or the Advising Office at 970.248.1177.

5. Orientation »

Transfer students are strongly encouraged to attend an orientation, but are not required to attend.  If you choose to attend, your official evaluation will be completed and ready for you at your orientation session. Registration for an orientation is located in your MAVzone under the Next Steps tab.

6. Previous College Credits »

If you would like to see how your credits will transfer prior to your official evaluation being completed contact the Transfer Services office for a preliminary evaluation.  Also, request any final official transcripts, that may be needed to complete your academic record, be sent directly to CMU. This would include credits taken concurrently while in high school, AP, IB, CLEP, or military documents or any official transcripts that we have yet to receive.

7. Advising and Registration »

If you choose to attend an orientation program, your official evaluation will be complete, you will be advised and you will register at that time. If you choose not to attend an orientation and need help with advising and/or registering for classes please call either Transfer Services at 970.248.1232 or the Advising Center at 970.248.1177 to schedule a phone or in person appointment.  If you know which classes to take, you may register on your own in MAVzone under the Student Academic tab (there is a link to General Registration Information which explains how to register for classes). Register early as classes fill quickly.

8. Financial Aid and Scholarships »

If you have not already done so, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)  CMU’s school code is 001358.  Check your MAVzone under the Student Finance tab to review and accept your award. Contact Financial Aid (970.248.1396) if you have questions after completing your FAFSA form and checking your MAVzone. To view scholarship opportunities please visit

9. Books, Supplies, and Student ID Card »

Purchase books and supplies at the CMU Bookstore located in the University Center or online at Secure your MAVcard at the University Center. Items needed: a valid photo ID and a copy of your class schedule. The MAVcard has many purposes and allows students access to the:

  • Library
  • Recreation Center
  • Campus Dining Outlets with meal plans
  • Payment convenience at several campus departments with a FLEXmoney Account deposit
  • Colorado Mesa University athletic events
  • After hours Academic facility and University Center entrance
  • Residence Hall entrance

10. Tuition »

Pay tuition and fees from your MAVzone Student Finance tab. You may set up a payment plan, opt out of paper bills, and set up for direct deposit of any refunds you may have from financial aid.  Tuition is due the first day of classes.

11. Mandatory Immunization Requirement »

All students are required by the University to submit proof of immunization. Information on what is needed for immunizations is located in your MAVzone under the Next Steps tab in the Enrollment Checklist.  A hold is placed on your account when you are accepted to CMU until the records are received. If you need to have this hold lifted for a day to allow you to register for classes please call the Transfer Services office at 970.248.1232.

13. Residency »

When you apply to Colorado Mesa, you will be asked a series of questions to determine your residency status for in-state WUE, Mountain & Plains, or out-of-state tuition. Your residency status is listed on your acceptance letter.  If you have questions regarding your residency please call 970.248.1958.