Colorado Mesa University

Transfer Students

At CMU, we understand that the process of transferring from another college or university to complete your education can seem challenging. The Center for Transfer Services is here to assist students with their transition to CMU. The Center helps transfer students who are concerned with how many of the credits they have earned elsewhere may be applied toward their Colorado Mesa University degree program.

  • You are a Transfer Student if you have never attended CMU and have taken college-level courses after graduating from high school or earning my GED
  • You are a First-time Student if you have no college credits after high school but may have taken college classes in high school
  • You are a Returning Student if you have attended CMU/MSC for at least one semester; left more than one semester ago and are coming back with or without potential college credit 

Transfer Services completes preliminary transcript evaluations, assists with solving transfer problems and participates in scheduling and advising for first time transfer students. The services are available to both transfer students and faculty who may be working with a transfer student.


For transfer services and questions, please contact:

Lara Swanson