The Colorado Mesa University Ambassador Program is comprised of student leaders that provide prospective students with a first-hand account of college life. An Ambassador’s mission is to actively recruit students to Colorado Mesa University by bridging the gap between CMU and external groups.
Meet the Ambassadors
Click on the images below to learn more about our student ambassadors.
Kori Davis is a Senior from Abilene, Texas, expecting to graduate in December with her BSN in Nursing. Kori loves CMU for so many reasons! She believes the number of students on campus is the perfect medium and loves the endless opportunities that are available through this university, such as the ability to tailor your own experience! Kori is most excited about CMU’s upcoming Health Sciences Center and all of the new resources that will soon be available for students.
- Graduated High School at age 16
- Desires to become a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Favorite food is peanut butter (hands down)
- Lived in the Philippines for a summer, working at a birthing home
- Has an older sister who also graduated from CMU
Kailey Kaiser is a Senior Nursing major from Eaton, Colorado. After she graduates, Kailey desire to work at Children’s Hospital Colorado on their Oncology Unit.
- Is an avid skier
- Plays a lot of tennis
- Favorite food is fish tacos
Kayla is a senior at CMU pursuing a Bachelors of Science Degree in sports management and a minor in business. Born and raised in Grand Junction, she is extremely passionate about this area and all of the opportunities the beautiful town and campus have to offer students.
- Believes God and family always come first
- Lives and breaths gymnastics
- Enjoys a good work out
- Has a strong love for country music
Sara Harvey is a senior from Mesa, Colorado. She loves CMU because of her MAVily, her home away from home. She is currently studying elementary education and history with a career goal of getting her PhD in Military History or Education.
- Loves to dirt bike
- Loves to travel
- Her favorite food is mac and cheese
Taylor is a Senior Nursing Student from Broomfield, CO aspiring to be a Pediatric Intensive Care Nurse.
- Is a twin
- Believes country music soothes the soul
- Loves her boots
- Loves coffee, coffee and more coffee
Naomi was born and raised here in Grand Junction. She is a senior studying business with a concentration in marketing and management, and loves spending time with family and friends. She is most excited about the growth and limitless opportunities on campus.
- Is a huge Denver Broncos fan
- Loves to travel (Italy and Puerto Rico are her favorite)
- Enjoys exercising
- Loves to meet new people
- Has a 10-pound Shih-Tzu dog named Lucy and a 100-pound Komondor dog named Gracie
Sara Keeney is a Senior Nursing student from Lafayette, CO. Sara chose CMU because of its small class sizes, beautiful campus, genuine staff and most importantly, because it felt like home!
- Loves queso
- Spend her free time pinning home décor and craft ideas on Pinterest
- Can lick her elbow
- Aspires to be an NICU nurse
Connie is a Senior Nursing Major from Waipahu, Hawaii. Connie has aspirations of becoming a Nurse Practitioner after she graduates from CMU.
- Is a first generation college student as well as a first generation American
- Surfs in Hawaii when she’s home and snowboards during the winter in Colorado
- Currently spends her free time watching “how to Get Away with Murder”
- Favorite social media platform is Twitter; Instagram is a close second
- Likes to pretend she is a Food Network chef when she is cooking
Josh Dillinger is a Senior from Buffalo, WY studying K-12 Art Education. After he graduates, Josh hopes to work in the Department of Education, impacting change in our education system.
- Loves the mountains in the Fall
- Spent last summer living in DC
- Is the Student Body President at CMU
- Loves talking to his fellow Mavs
Briana Hodges was born and raised in Denver, Colorado. She is a Junior here at CMU, majoring in Counseling Psychology with a minor in Social Work. Briana absolutely loves that’s CMU has small class sizes and great professors.
- Loves J.Cole
- Knows every single John Legend by heart
- Has a turtle named Tupac
- Favorite food is chicken nuggets
Whitney is from Lihue, Hawaii. Currently, she is a junior here at CMU and is starting her second year in the Radiologic Technology program. She hopes to one day move back home to raise her family, while working in a local hospital. She says the CMU provides students with not only wonderful opportunities and connections, but a place many can call their second home!! With small class sizes, crazy fun student life activities, and caring faculty members, CMU is definitely the place to be.
- Can binge watch Netflix shows at the same time as doing something else
- Thinks Taco Bell is seriously the best thing in the world
- LOVES to make people laugh and smile :)
- Says old people, babies, and her puppy Brody make her heart warm
- HATES mushrooms and pickles
Caitlin is a Junior studying mass communications and business. She is a Denver native and loves the city where she grew up. Since she started at CMU, her adventurous spirit has grown and Grand Junction has provided her many wonderful opportunities to be spontaneous. She loves CMU because it feels like home.
- Has been skydiving twice and it's on her bucket list to jump in every continent
- Wears her Birkenstocks and Mala beads every single day (unless there is snow on the ground)
- Says her day is not complete unless she busts a move at least once
- Is a self-proclaimed cereal addict
Kevin is from Colorado Springs. He is a junior, majoring in Sports Management with a minor in Mass Communications. He is hoping to work for the Olympic Training Center in the future and believes the CMU will help him get there. He loves being a Mav!
- Wears Nike almost everyday.
- Loves the outdoors.
- Works for the Varsity Volleyball Team
Ben Linzey is a Junior from Clayton, CA studying Nursing. Ben chose CMU because he knows it allows students to be involved in every aspect of school. From Student Life, to Residence Life, to even working in the President’s Office, this school would not run without its students; CMU is truly for the students, by the students. Ben knows that the Administration and Faculty here at Colorado Mesa care about more than just our futures, they value who we are as individuals, our dreams, and our aspirations.
- Has been to over 40 countries
- Is developing an office of Student Leadership on CMUs campus
- Played on the 8th nationally ranked club soccer team in high school
- Is an RA and holds the position of Student Body Vice President at CMU
- Favorite color is MavRoon
Cheyenne is from Cove Orchard, Oregon. She is a Junior and is studying Kinesiology Fitness and Health Promotion. She loves CMU and is most excited about being involved in so many things on campus.
- Loves watermelon and burritos
- Is totally one of those morning people
- Knows the words to every animated Disney movie!
- Is the most at home when she’s in the great outdoors
Zoë Ray is from Grand Junction, Colorado and is majoring in Health and Promotions. Zoë chose CMU because she believes there is an overwhelming feeling of happiness on campus and that people are so friendly. She says it is home afterall.
- LOVES pizza
- Lives in Chacos
- Enjoys the local music scene in Grand Junction
- Favorite color is Mossy Green
- Strives to make people laugh every day
Logan, is a transfer student from Fort Collins, Colorado. While there, he attended two years at a community college and is now a senior studying business. He is so blessed to be here at CMU; He’s found a new family and has been given so many opportunities both personally and professionally.
- Loves rock climbing, and feels most at home in the outdoors
- Is an EMT and works on an ambulance for the fire department
- Is passionate about traveling and can't wait to see more of the world
- Could survive on cookie butter alone
Michael is a senior from Rocky Ford, CO studying Biology Education. Michael hopes to teach at the secondary level in the future, preferably at a Junior College.
- Is a cat person
- Loves golf
- Taught himself how to play to guitar
- Loves listening to music
Leah is a junior at CMU studying radiologic technology. She is originally from Pukalani, Hawaii. Leah chose to attend CMU not only for the excellent radiology program, but also to share Hawaiian culture through song and dance with the Ho'olokahi Polynesian Club on campus.
- Is a passionate hula dancer
- Likes to tandem surf
- Loves to spend time with her nephew
- Is a Pinterest addict
Sofia is from Hayden, Colorado. She is a sophomore at CMU majoring in Mass Communications. She aspires to be a news reporter, and wants to tell people the truth and give them the facts instead of opinions.
- Says her favorite movies are all of the Back to the Futures
- Is originally from Bogota, Colombia
- Says her favorite work in Spanish is “chancla’ (look it up)
- Does not have a middle name
Ashley is from Sandy Utah, and is studying business marketing. She is a sophomore and her favorite thing about CMU is the sense of family and home even 300 miles away from where she used to call home.
- Loves to be outside
- Loves playing volleyball
- Loves love every kind of candy
- Is the second youngest of 5 in my family
Brittany is a Sophomore from Trenton, Illinois. She is a Pre-Nursing Major, currently applying to the Nursing Program. Brittany loves all of the amazing people she has met at CMU and the opportunities she has been given as a Maverick!
- Lived in a town of 3,000 people before going to college and thinks Grand Junction is huge!
- Enjoys baking during her free time
- Hopes to be a Nurse Practitioner one day
- Has watched every episode of Grey’s Anatomy
Aden is a Sophomore from Highlands ranch, Colorado and is currently studying Business Entrepreneurship. Aden is so honored to call CMU his home! He is passionate about this school and believes it has helped him grow exponentially, even in the short time that he has been here.
- LOVES business, everything and anything to do with it
- Digs country music
- Is passionate about people and CMU!
Emma is from Colorado Springs, Colorado, and although her hometown will always have a piece of her heart, Grand Junction has completely won her over. She is a sophomore pursuing her BSN. She chose CMU because it really pushed her outside of her comfort zone. She couldn’t have picked a better school for herself!
- Loves snowboarding
- Has the best cat in the world
- Is a total mama’s girl
Hannah Belich is a Sophomore Business Admin Major with a concentration in Hospitality. Hannah is from Westminster, CO and aspires to be an Event Planner specializing in Weddings.
- Has three favorite artists; Fall Out Boy, Adele and Sam Smith
- Loves sloths, dogs and sharks
- Is a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha at CMU (Go Greek Life!!)
- Loves Nicholas Sparks books
Jonathan is a sophomore from Parachute, Colo. studying exercise science. He plans on pursuing a career in physical therapy after graduation. He loves Colorado Mesa University because he is seen as more than just a number and has the opportunity to form enduring personal relationships with his professors.
- Was student body president, FCCLA president, and club secretary for key club in high school
- Ran cross country and track
- Enjoys reading and staying active
- Loves spending time with his friends
Becca is a sophomore from Pasadena, California pursuing a degree in Nursing. She loves how people at CMU are so open and friendly.
- Is passionate about singing
- Loves anything that’s purple
- Played school and club volleyball in high school
- Is a fangirl over Colorado sunsets
Alyssa is from Aurora, CO where she grew up with her two siblings and best friends, Tommy and Rachel. As a passionate Business Management Major, Alyssa loves responsibility and enjoys being a leader in the workplace. She intends on working for a nonprofit and giving back to the community, as well as has aspirations of becoming an entrepreneur.
- Puts her Catholic faith above all else
- Loves her parents to death
- Could live off of Starbucks and Chick-Fil-A
- Is a social butterfly
- Lives vicariously through One Tree Hill
MaKenna is Freshman from Boulder, CO. As an Elementary Education Major, MaKenna plans on graduating with an emphasis in Mathematics. She chose CMU for so many reasons. MaKenna believes that at CMU, you aren’t just a face in the crowd; you have the opportunity to build relationships with staff members and fellow Mavericks, making the most out of your college experience. She loves Grand Junction and its ability to push her out of her comfort zone. MaKenna is so happy to be a Mav!
- Loves volleyball
- Believes McDonalds coke is the best coke
- Has a pet tortoise named “Dog”
- Loves little kids
- Bowled competitively for 7 years
Morgan Russom is a Freshman from Grand Junction. His intended major is Environmental Science and technology. Morgan is most excited about being here at CMU because the people on campus make him feel welcome and at home. Growing alongside everyone allows him to express his feelings and makes him feel accepted as an individual.
- Loves the outdoors (hunting, fishing, four-wheeling, etc.)
- Is very hands on with everything he does
- Is the biggest impractical joker you will ever meet and believes that humor is what keeps a smile on the face
- Knows that a new adventure opens up every day and will always explore it
Olivia was born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska and is a Freshman who pursuing to get her degree in nursing. Olivia hopes to become a Pediatric nurse and work at Seattle Children’s Hospital one day.
- Loves watching scary movies
- Played basketball and volleyball for 12 years
- Has torn her ACL and Meniscus TWICE
- LOVES Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream
Blake is a Junior Business Major from Swink, Colorado and is most excited about meeting new people at Colorado Mesa University!
- Is a pilot
- Loves any type of water sports
- Really enjoys downhill skiing
- Enjoys being outdoors
- Loves to take naps
Josh is from Fruita, CO and is a Freshman this year studying Chemistry. As far as career goals, Josh plans on becoming an Interventional Radiologist.
- Is an adrenaline junkie
- Is a “jeeping” enthusiast
- Has been to Belize
- Loves being outdoors
- Is extremely active
Dillon is from Orange County, California and is currently a Business Finance Major at Colorado Mesa University and may possibly be looking into politics as his education progresses. He fell in love with Colorado as a junior in high school and since then I knew CMU was the school for him.
- Has played sports all his life. He loves being active and spending his time playing basketball, baseball, or football.
- Is afraid of heights
- Likes to surf, wakeboard, and long board in his free time
- Is six feet tall
Lauren is from Draper, Utah. She is a freshman at CMU and a pre-nursing major. She is most excited about being apart of the ambassador family, the nursing program and going to school in such a beautiful place!
- Says her favorite color is periwinkle
- Loves to play tennis and was the only left handed girl on her high school team
- Has a beta fish named Pop tart and a puggle named Rosie
- Loves to ski and be outdoors with her friends
Nathan is a freshman from Austin, Texas. He is taking classes to become a Mechanical Engineer and hopes to graduate through the CMU/CU Boulder partnership program. Once gaining his degree he plans on being the Head Engineer and design the obstacles for NBC's American Ninja Warrior.
- When he is not studying he spends his free time outdoors and playing ultimate frisbee
- He became an eagle scout when he was 13 years old
- He has won Junior Nationals for Triathlons twice
- He taught himself how to juggle
- He has been known to have a baby face